Monday, May 27, 2013

Freedom

On this Memorial Day I am thankful for the many men and women who served our country so bravely so that I can have the freedom that I do!   It is something that I take for granted every. single. day. and I'm ashamed it doesn't cross my mind more frequently.  I love how my five year old loves anyone dressed in a military uniform.  He's been known to even be impressed with a few men that I'm not quite sure they served in the armed forces, but maybe were just really into hunting.  That's okay though.  I would much rather him make a few mistakes of making some "normal" guys into heroes, instead of being unaffected by anyone walking around in camouflage..  I love how Jack will say in his not so quiet voice, "Mom, there's an Army guy, a real one!"  I love how he won't take his eyes off of said "Army guy" the entire time we are standing in line at Panera or at Target or wherever we happen to be.  He is truly impressed, and I'm glad that for once he stops talking about Star Wars or Legos, and can be enamored by a real life hero that has given so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment